Translucents Liberate Light, Colour and Designers
Our resident design guru David Scott talks about KYDEX® FST translucents,
a stunning breakthrough for aircraft interiors and other varied applications.
David Scott on Light as a Design Element
Translucency changes everything.
With fully compliant KYDEX® FST frosted-look translucents, light and colour are now free to achieve their greatest effect. And you're free to realize your vision.
Just what is translucency? It's not just transparency. It is light diffusion. Light is transmitted, reflected, and refracted. You don't see the object behind the
translucent material, just its silhouette. Translucency can create an ethereal, cloud-like look, making it a natural for air travel. It also adds depth-of-field, for a layered look with multiple dimensions.
Light-diffusing KYDEX® FST is now available in neutral and frosted-looking white, with more colours debuting soon. Explore the possibilities in a casual, collaborative environment. Our designLab™ is your resource for inspiration, innovation and solutions.
With translucency, light does not just shine. It travels, plays, and bounces. And the effect can be just as delightful as the words themselves."
Subscribe to Expressions,
our quarterly e-newsletter.
More on David Scott
- Internationally recognized interior designer and visionary
- Extensive experience in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Lead designer of the long haul experience for a major airline's new 777/300 fleet
- Collaborator with KYDEX to develop new directions for products in all markets
- Founding member and past president of the Design Institute of New Zealand